OZ roths

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They will need a new award level of Super FCC

Or the obtuse judges, not all, could just learn, if capable, how to properly judge Paphs. Regardless breeding shouldn't ever try to cater to aos awards. That would be a disaster for paph lovers.

As far as breeding goes, bigger? Why? Darker, more flowers? I'd like to see rate of growth increase. A decade is a long time

As far as breeding goes, bigger? Why? Darker, more flowers? I'd like to see rate of growth increase. A decade is a long time

Why do anything?

I guess whatever the hybridizer wishes to achieve. Flowers can always get bigger as long as they get proportionally bigger. So yes bigger is better all things being equal. Shape. Color. flower count. growth rate.spike height. flower spacing. etc. Roths are only a few generations from wild.

The direction that I would love to see is proportionally bigger flowers on smaller plants. For those of us without huge greenhouses I would much prefer a 25cm NS with a 6+CM dorsal on a 30" leafspan than a 32+cm NS and 7+cm DS on a 48"+ leafspan.

Latest posts

Back