Orchids 2023

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin, your forest of flowering P. rothschildianum is a gorgeous sight .... but I see some leaves which are partial or complete rotten or at least brown. Do you know what caused it, maybe fungus ? And why don't you remove them to avoid health problems of you plants ?

Hi! Every year in spring and fall, some leaves on a few of my roths turn brown at the tips and die back. It is definitely cultural, either from low humidity in my growing conditions, or some kind of nutritional imbalance.

It is also a seasonal occurrence, and I don't have a lot of problems the rest of the year. The plants continue to grow so I don't worry about it too much. I see it as just one of many compromises with growing this species indoors.

Yeah, I have had some fungal problems affecting some other plants, but I was always a little lazy about it.

So I think I will get more aggressive about treating this now.

Thank you all for the advice!
I was also lazy about it...because I hate using chemicals, carry that one step further and I hated using chemicals in the house....
Love your "Roth Jungle"!

How often does your Charles E FCC clone bloom??

Well, last time was when I bought it in spike in 2012.

It is a healthy clone but a slow grower. Over the years the clump I bought separated into three plants, all of which are now finally ready to bloom again.

Back