Orchid Shopping Southern California Style

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvsorchids

Reaction score
On New Years Eve my mother and I went to Cal Orchid and Santa Barbara Orchid Estate to look around. Even though I'm a Phal/Paph person for the most part, the blooming Laelias at SBOE were just amazing :drool:. The photos were taken with my P & S rather than the DSLR, so could be better.

L. anceps

o7m4cn.jpg

29bexol.jpg

t5175y.jpg

24o1uky.jpg

28an900.jpg

L. superbiens

dxkc9l.jpg

350751y.jpg

Susan

More...

The perfect picnic spot

15fq6ih.jpg

A Cal Orchid stud plant-Paph. victoria reginae

kc3o2.jpg

What would So Cal orchids be without Cymbidiums

There were some lovely Cym. tigrinum
qqx0fm.jpg

mmpf1u.jpg

1622yog.jpg

210k0zq.jpg

Susan

Reed stem Epidendrums are popular in gardens in the area.

15fiv10.jpg

1zqc805.jpg

Catts

skztlc.jpg

8wcosk.jpg

This little cutie hitched a ride home with me-Laelia lundii

14wez61.jpg

Susan

Now that's what I call a great way to spend New Year's. :drool:

Sweet little laelia you picked up there Susan. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us heat-starved folks. :D

I've been wanting a Laelia lundii for years now. I guess I need to visit Cal-Orchid's website . . . . :D

Wonderful photos. Thank you! 'Love the perfect picnic spot and the Reed-stemmed Epi's.....great, bright colours. I think that Cym is tracyanum, not tigrinum.

WOW! Looks like a fun trip! Beautiful blooms and scenery!! Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Omg, fortunately SBOE is very far away from here!!! Their Laelias are top; the superbiens :drool: ( mine is about to flower with 2 spikes only)!!!!

And the lundii is really a cute thing!!! (I got mine in 1999; it is a somewhat shy bloomer in my gh, but is coming up this time with 8-9 new growths (flowers?))! Jean

Latest posts

Back