New Collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aff5c47f.jpg

7a50bf6d.jpg

c41fbc68.jpg

f72b663f.jpg

Just went to Norman's Orchids yesterday and bought three more plants: Encyclia radiata, Stanhopea jenischiana and Phal Lioulin Sweet 'Sweetheart'.

Working in the office today and enjoying the reblooming Neo that I mentioned earlier. I've moved it away from my window (faces SSW) so that the blooms will last longer and so that I can enjoy it more. The scent is pretty distracting, I have to try to not bend down and smell it every few minutes, especially during weekdays in case colleagues think I'm obsessed :)

881065b0.jpg

a27d2f31.jpg

534fb30c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You are :crazy: :crazy: :p That 'one plant until I move to a permanent place' resolution is not going to keep... :poke:

I've moved into my permanent place, how long I'll be there depends on how long I'll be here in the US of course... My plants so far are:

Angraecum didieri
Cym Golden Elf 'Sundust' 4N - at office
Cym Golden Elf 'Sundust' (normal ploidy) - at office and in spike, which can sort of see in the photo above
Cym Chen's Ruby 'Gold Tiger' - seems to be putting out 3 spikes?! It's not even a large plant... Perhaps I'm wrong and they're not spikes and are just new growths.
Encyclia radiata - at office and purchased in spike
Neofinetia falcata - at office, reblooming nicely as you can see above
Paph Judge Philip
Paph Faire-Maud
Paph ((Hsinying Onyx x Luna Moth) 'Giant' x farrieanum fma album 'Lime White')
Paph (Hsinying Limemoth x Alma Gavaert)
Phal NOID equestris hybrid - at office
Phal Lioulin Sweet 'Sweetheart'
Stanhopea jenischiana
Zygopetalum Advanced Australia Fair 'HOF'

I'm afraid the Paph Hsinying Carlos died already due to rot and the bloom didn't come out right as there was a mealy bug inside the bud :( The growing conditions inside my hotel room weren't the best, so maybe it's not that surprising!

Oh I can't go back and edit the earlier post... Here are two slightly better shots.

08a814c2.jpg

bce397f8.jpg

Three new plants from Ross at Deerwood Orchids! I've put asterisks next to the new ones. Thank you Ross for the extra free Paph Niobe :D

Angraecum didieri
Cym Golden Elf 'Sundust' 4N - at office
Cym Golden Elf 'Sundust' (normal ploidy) - finished flowering, was hoping they would last even longer!
Cym Chen's Ruby 'Gold Tiger' - putting out 3 spikes (yes they're definitely spikes!)
Encyclia radiata - still flowering, at office
Neofinetia falcata - at office, finished flowering :(
*Paph Angel Vein
Paph Faire-Maud
*Paph Fairy Bird - in bud, at office
Paph Judge Philip
*Paph Niobe
Phal NOID equestris hybrid
Stanhopea jenischiana

Angel Vein was not sounding familar to me - leuco x fairrie - could be interesting!

Was going to get a Phrag and an extra Neo from Cal Orchid, but they were unexpectedly closed on Saturday. So popped across the road to SBOE and got a Masdie instead. I'm going to try this as a windowsill plant in the office, will see how I go at managing humidity, I'm religiously misting it throughout the day :p

Angraecum didieri
Cym Golden Elf 'Sundust' 4N
Cym Golden Elf 'Sundust' (normal ploidy)
Cym Chen's Ruby 'Gold Tiger'
Encyclia radiata
Masdevallia Pixie Treasure 'Antique Gold'
Neofinetia falcata
Paph Angel Vein
Paph Faire-Maud
Paph Fairy Bird
Paph Judge Philip
Paph Niobe
Phal NOID equestris hybrid

Back