Orchid inn flasks

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy

Reaction score
Looking for customer reviews, successful flask bloomings etc.. from sam tsui. thanks!!

Great selection of plant options, hard agar so I always clean the roots well and separate upon deflasking. I definitely plan to order more!!

David

I'll echo what everybody else has said, Sam has great stuff! I haven't personally ordered a flask from him (yet) but judging from the larger plants I've ordered, I'd expect high quality, healthy seedlings.

It has been years since I had flasks from Orchid Inn, but they were always a good choice. The only one I ever had problem with was my own fault, deflasking when seedlings were probably too small.

Ordered flasks from Sam for over a decade. If you have problems with any of his stuff, you can resolve it with him and he is very good about it.

The hard agar can be easily removed by using a spray water bottle.

For Brachies, I would just leave the plants intact with all the roots stuck together and transplant the whole thing into a pot. As it gets older you can slowly to remove the seedlings apart.

Ive bought probably about 70-80 flasks from sam in last 5 years, had probs with a few (literaly 2 or 3) that may have been my culture. If you use the puck method you should have success

Sam's breeding quality for value is hard to beat

Doesn't sams flask agar get hard? What if I try and wash as much off as I can then pot up? Someone mentioned after deflasking rinse with physan 20, have you done that?

I have purchased lots of Sam's flasks and the quality of the crosses are excellent. I wash agar off before I compot them. Probably have >90% success rate with seedlings on average. I don't treat with fungicides at all at the time of deflasking. The only flask I have ever had a problem with was tigrinum but still got 50%. However, I got 100% with Holger Perner tigrinum flasks.

I leave the agar on and just pot up the whole puck. The agar dissolves over time and this method prevents damage to the tender roots and leaves.

I am pretty sure Sam has his stuff flasked by Debbie Root. They do excellent work and I use Debbie myself. I would not hesitate to get a flask from OI.

Latest posts

Back