Paph leucochilum ('Dark Lord' x 'Locomotive' HCC/AOS)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I have a different cross from around the same time. Mine are growing quite well but not as fast.

Good job.... and verty nice flower! 🙂
That one dot on the right side of pouch with have some people riled up lol.
Let's wait to get too riled up, untill we have encountered it the 2nd or 3rd time around!
It's still a teenager with a little acne on the chin!😁
Acne? Nay, it's just a li'll beauty spot, that adds to its present charm! 😉

Lovely flower and 3 years from flask is great. 👍
.....That one dot on the right side of pouch with have some people riled up lol.
Leslie, nobody riles up there are only different views what deserves the name P. leucochilum ..... and b.t.w..... I'm keen to correct you because I count 3 spots at the side and one at the bottom of the pouch. ;)

Lovely flower and 3 years from flask is great. 👍

Leslie, nobody riles up there are only different views what deserves the name P. leucochilum ..... and b.t.w..... I'm keen to correct you because I count 3 spots at the side and one at the bottom of the pouch. ;)
As y'all know, I'm 100% with Rudolf on this matter! And I can't for my death fathom what morphological features separates leucochilum from the typical form of godefroyar. I have heard numerous proposals in respect to this. e.g. differences in leavage, differences in the rootsysteme. I've found exactly these proposed, differential features in plants, that clearly were typical godefroyaes, so.....
Yes, there is the uncoloured outer lip of the pouch in leucochilum, but that's not a morphological feature, I.e. this does in my book barely account for leucochilum to be considered a variety of godefroyae, and far from a species in its own right.
The only logical solution to the whole leucochilum kerfuffle is in my point of view to subsume both under godefroyae, and consider the leucochilum plants (I.e. flowers with an all white, outer pouch) as a colourform of godefroyae. This implies operating with the typical form, P. godefroyae, and the colourform, P. godefroyae fma. leucochilum

Lovely flower, by the way! 🙂

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back