orchid destinations in SE Asia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob

Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestions for orchid destinations as we are going to SE Asia for 4 weeks next month. Starting in Singapore, we will be heading up the Malay penisula to Southern Thailand by train and then fly to Burma. I plan on spend a day at the Singapore Botanical Garden and also plan on stopping in Penang and visiting Michael Ooi nursery. Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Rob

I started a recent thread on Paph sukhakulii in-situ, and the links that came back refer to a group that sponsors orchid tours in Thailand.

hi Rick.

this guy orchidman doesn't sponsor any trips
he just tries to advertise his not so very cheap orchid tours,
so i don' t see what he's sponsoring except his own pocket
cliokchi:(

I started a recent thread on Paph sukhakulii in-situ, and the links that came back refer to a group that sponsors orchid tours in Thailand.

hi Rick.

this guy orchidman doesn't sponsor any trips
he just tries to advertise his not so very cheap orchid tours,
so i don' t see what he's sponsoring except his own pocket
cliokchi:(

At least in the US sponsoring has very little to do with charity or not-for-profit enterprise. The most obvious form of sponsoring is very large companies plastering advertising ($$$$) all over building walls, people (like Olympic athletes), cars (NASCAR!!!). Advertising not altruism is not the primary goal.

Despite my word choice, I meant that he actually organizes and hosts / conducts tours, but I have no clue how expensive he is, or if his tours are worth it.

Latest posts

Back