• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OI flask list

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The photo above is seriously impressive!
Justin, i'm sorry. I will have to offer the sanderianum album seedlings to someone with space. :evil:

After battling temptation I finally succumbed and ordered a flask of rothschildianum 'New Horizon' x 'Raptor' ...

After battling temptation I finally succumbed and ordered a flask of rothschildianum 'New Horizon' x 'Raptor' ...

Whoa! You took the plunge, eh? I've been so tempted, trying to decide between that flask or a NBS Roth package deal... We need pictures asap! Congrats and good luck. Hope they do amazing for you

Jusin, I'm glad to see that you succumbed. You know how to grow those babies out so why not go for it. I wish I had your flask, growing skills. I am however working on it.

Well Bob if i had half your complex Paph collection i'd be happy!

Of course Justin, You're right to succomb!!! Me too I succombed…

It's probably the best cross purposed but the crosses with Leo have a big potential too. I like really Leo (even if picture is a little small):

500E8882.jpg

500E9114.jpg

Sam told me that about Leo:

"I bought the Leo from Tokyo Orchid Nursery as a division. So it was a small division. I manage to bloom it the next year. As you know, I won't waste any time to breed with it even it only bloomed with three flowers on a smaller flowers. And I know the flowers were not as good as it supposed to be. But I saw it in bloom at Tokyo Orchid Nursery a few years before. It has very good form and again with horizontal petals. The flowers are not huge but it has good color too! So when a division is available, I bought it without any hesitation. With the Giant Wings color and size, and the New Horizon petals, I thought they were good combinations."

In my opinion, if I added another flask to my NH x Raptor, it would be Leo x NH. I prefer this "mix" to the cross Leo x Giant Wings.

i believe 'Leo' was actually from the original AQ batch of MM x Rex from The Orchid Zone back in the early 90's. The flower pictures look the same to me.

If they are the same plant then it would have been around the world and back. Either way i agree it is a nice one.

I was actually thinking Tiger March x New Horizon would be a good one too, to bring wild genes back into the line breeding. But I just couldn't resist the New Horizon x Raptor flower potential.

After seeing a picture of Raptor I don't see how anyone with the time and money and patience could resist that cross! Raptor is the pinnacle of line-bred roths to date. It has already raised the bar and changed the game. The future looks bright. And you have a piece of that future!

Last edited:
Yes you're right, in theory.

Need now to see in some years what will be the result with New Horizon. There are lots of reasons to be optimistic but there's always a doubt.

Back