Not mine but....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I missed out on this one. Stupid me!! One of the first general public ticket holders at POE. Walked by the plant and said to myself that I was going to come right back and grab it after going to Ecuagenera to pick up what Cyrt edwardii they had. Walked back maybe 5 mins later and it was gone. Turns out my friend from Hawaii that came out to go to the show grabbed it. He was staying at my house with my family and after begging and pleading I got both pollen to use on some Japanese plants in bud right now and a promise of a division AFTER he flowers it again. Good friend! Funny enough, he wanted some edwardii and alexandrae and I had all of them....leverage! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lycaste is a great genus and most of them aren't difficult to grow or bloom.

You "reported" your own kids? No wonder they hate you!:D

Don't know what Lycaste you have, in general, they aren't difficult, quite rewarding IMO.... They don't need to be repotted unless the mix is breaking down too much. Some species and their hybrids need dry winter rest(no/very little water till the flower spikes are 2" tall) after they drop the leaves--for example L. cruenta and few other yellow species in aromaticae section, while others like skinneri and its hybrids need a drier winter but not a winter rest...
Lycastes like some sun but not like Cattleya light level..., Medium light might be the best bet... Some air movement is essential.

If the growing mix stays too wet and too long, the growths will rot.... Cym mix plus few extra medium barks worked well for me while I had mine.

and FYI, many Lycaste skinner and its hybrids do get viruses(at least in the past), so find good source for those.

Latest posts

Back