Pollen library

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
So, one of the things I got from Orchid Inn when he retired was his pollen library. Very comprehensive...

It took most of a month, but I've sorted and inventoried all of it. Made the executive decision to throw out some of it (couldn't decipher the writing, or really old). Not sure how long pollen lasts in the fridge.

Found some of my own pollen that I thought was lost forever (must have given him some). And some others from around the world.

Did a bunch of crosses using some of the oldest I kept, partly as an experiment to see how viable it is. I won't be sad if they all take, of course.

Anyway... I'm not sure what to do with my newfound genetic wealth. If you have a cross you want to try or a rare species you would like to outcross, let me know.

It should be good for a minimum of two years in the fridge, and still marginally good at 3 years, though you might get less seed from a cross at that point.

Latest posts

Back