Norito Hasegawa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I love sunny yellow flowers so this is naturally one of my favorite hybrids! šŸ˜
This plant has such a good growing & blooming habit with two previously bloomed fans, two currently blooming fans with two new growths of each, total of eight growths.
I have a sibling plant of this and it is still a single growth plant that has yet to bloom.

5B6DFFC7-54FB-4F22-9B78-0183FAD9FAEF.jpeg9A41B277-5E58-422B-8A6A-6C3D7AC365A7.jpeg

Last edited:
That's such a nice one, I love the freckles.
It has a nice chubby appearance. I might name it golden toad. lol
All the NH I have bloomed have been yellow with a little bit of freckles. Now I want one with netting pattern like malipoense.
I have lots of growing NH babies, so who knows I might end up with one that has netting patterns on the petals.
:)

Any culture tips for this guy that you would be able to share, thanks!?

I got this as a single-growth plant in 2016. It came potted in 3.75in round plastic pot with orchiata & perlite. I added some chunky bonsai soil on top. I normally use sphagnum moss to topdress my paphs but I used bonsai soil on this one. The pot has not been disturbed this whole time (I do not like repotting), although I plan on repotting this plant into a larger pot once the flowers fade since the newer growths have no room left to go.

I water about every 3-4 days. Basically, once the pot content dries out, I water again. During the spike/bud development (this one takes about 7months), I try not to go longer than 3days between watering.
It gets bright indirect light with some strong light during the midday sitting on protected south window with a tall Dendrobium providing dappled sun light. The location also happens to be the coolest spot in my room during the winter months.

I got this as a single-growth plant in 2016. It came potted in 3.75in round plastic pot with orchiata & perlite. I added some chunky bonsai soil on top. I normally use sphagnum moss to topdress my paphs but I used bonsai soil on this one. The pot has not been disturbed this whole time (I do not like repotting), although I plan on repotting this plant into a larger pot once the flowers fade since the newer growths have no room left to go.

I water about every 3-4 days. Basically, once the pot content dries out, I water again. During the spike/bud development (this one takes about 7months), I try not to go longer than 3days between watering.
It gets bright indirect light with some strong light during the midday sitting on protected south window with a tall Dendrobium providing dappled sun light. The location also happens to be the coolest spot in my room during the winter months.
Thanks for this detail. Fantastic growing. Was just rereading this and I am very impressed with the 5 years or proper culture and patience.

Last edited:
I'm curious how big those are on average?
The average size is 11cm but they range from 9.9cm to 15cm. The recent one that I was complaining about was 12.8cm which makes sense. Size is supposed to be only 10/100 points but in reality its more like 40 haha. You have a great clone!

Latest posts

Back