new member!! well kind of..........

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timber

Reaction score
hey guys! my name is stan AKA (nyorchids) from back in 2006 i think?? i kinda fell off the earth and sold my collection. have been staring at paphs on the internet for years and decided why not dive right in again! i see some old names and alot of new ones. i now reside in Virginia in Richmond. i was in upstate NY. So hello to all new and old and i am glad to be back.

i imagine the scene has changed a bit in the last few years. any new paph species legal to have now??

i will be once again growing indoors and will need a light. i was running a 400w metal halide and it dried plants up so fast. if anyone has any lighting recomendations chime in

Sorry Stan. I deleted your account a few times. Your name didn't strike me as legit. Spammers are sneaky.

Welcome, timber!

I grow almost all my Paphs and Phrags under T5 fluo tubes. Some are still under old t12 tubes. Only 3 Phrags are under a HPS 1000 W. They don't dry too fast because I run many humidifiers and also because ventilation remove the excess heat (the bulb is enclosed)

Welcome back timber. I also abandoned orchids for 15 years at my club and came back stronger then before after.

:clap::clap:WELCOME Stan -
I came on the scene here after your exit, yep I too was banned from SOF.
I too took an absence from orchids at one time, once addicted we return!

thanks for the warm welcome folks. first step is finding my potters bench i was growing on lol. then i need to find a good lighting source.

Abandon orchid-growing? Oh, the horror!!!

Welcome -- glad you are here, Stan. There have been some good threads on lighting here. Maybe a search will find some recommendations.

Latest posts

Back