New in New Mexico

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalyke

Reaction score
Hi. I have about 2 years of orchid care under my belt so far. I have gotten pretty good at Cymbidiums, Phals, Oncidium intergenerics, Cattleyas, and Dendrobiums. I do have one terrestrial orchid, a Spathoglottis that I got by chance. It is doing well, but not overwhelmingly so. I have yet to grow paphs, and I would like to.

I have ordered my first Paph, a blooming size Uncus (Winston Churchill X Margaret Hunter, I think) which has previously bloomed from Housermanns. I chose the Uncus because it is supposed to be a fairly sturdy, easy plant for a beginner like me. It should get here on the 4th of June, and then I will begin my Paph Journey.

About myself, I am in College getting a masters degree right now so I will not be able to post a lot. I hope to post enough to be able to download photos.

Last edited:
They actually process more peppers in deming than hatch, just the latter thought of having an official 'party' first :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The peppers are all the same. The secret is the alkaline soil, some say the tears and toil...Its where it is grown, not the type of chili seed. Hatch soil is very unique. It delivers a singular taste that cannot be reproduced elsewhere. Who knows?

Last edited:
If you are studying at UNM the New Mexico Orchid Guild meets the second Sunday of the month at the Albuquerque Garden Center. 1:30 PM June 14th Fred Clarke is speaking. Love to have you join us.

If you are studying at UNM the New Mexico Orchid Guild meets the second Sunday of the month at the Albuquerque Garden Center. 1:30 PM June 14th Fred Clarke is speaking. Love to have you join us.

Sad but I am in Clovis. I am studying at a local campus of a Texas school here. (I graduated from UNM). I would love to see Fred Clarke. The 14th hits me at the tightest place in my yearly budget. I already know that from mid month to the first of july, I will be totally broke, so sadly I must decline Unless I can figure out how to get there. This is a real quandry because I would love to see Fred Clark!

Maybe contact one of your local recreational vehicle groups and see if anyone is going in the direction you would like to: my mother and stepfather were into such and knew people who were always going here and there and might actually give you a ride and go to the meeting themselves. Lots of rv'ers in that whole area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back