Never again, ORCHID INN!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the sanderianum flask was very difficult to deflask...the roth one much easy. both with nicely sized paph
thus except one plant (wossner*sand) with broken roots all other were quite nice and the parishii is in sheat.

yep, orchid inn is not perfect. more roots will be better, but usually it's not a real problem and it always flowered nicely for me.

Well I'm glad to hear that you guys are getting better plants than I did. I am pretty sure Sam has read/heard all of what's written in this thread by now. I hope what we're seeing now is continuous improvement in his products.

May I ask, why was the sanderianum flask so difficult to deflask? And, he has them in stock? Last I saw they weren't listed and he said he didn't have any. What's the cross?

I got four plants from Sam yesterday.
They are nice, big plants, but I noticed, too, that theis roots are very poor.... I don't understand how they could grow big with few short roots...these roots are otherwise aren't rotted, healthy all of them, but a large kolo with 3-4 pieces, 10-12 cm long roots, when plant is 60-70 cm LS with 6 leaves?????

Over allk I think these plants have good potential to survive.

May I ask, why was the sanderianum flask so difficult to deflask? And, he has them in stock? Last I saw they weren't listed and he said he didn't have any. What's the cross?

so many long, thin and delicate roots...

I got four plants from Sam yesterday.
They are nice, big plants, but I noticed, too, that theis roots are very poor.... I don't understand how they could grow big with few short roots...these roots are otherwise aren't rotted, healthy all of them, but a large kolo with 3-4 pieces, 10-12 cm long roots, when plant is 60-70 cm LS with 6 leaves?????

Over allk I think these plants have good potential to survive.

I have seen this happen in the past. One of our local member who passed away many years ago had plants like what you describe.

In his conditions of high humidity, and keeps his plant medium barely moist. He always foliar feed his plants and use a fine sprayer to water the medium. He always has nice large plants with a few roots!

They will adapt to your conditions and put out new roots!

I ordered 2 plants from Orchid Inn and got a 3rd one. I ordered a big Paph. malipoense in bud ($50) and a 4 growth Paph. spicerianum ($20). He also sent a Paph. delenatii f. vinicolor for free to replace my other one. They seem to have good roots.

Here's a picture of the malipoense...

null_zps00f2796a.jpg

Your non-orchid plants aren't doing too well... I have trouble finding the energy to care for them too.

I haven't ordered from Sam in a while, but I've always been very pleased
with his plants. Seems to me that the best way to get good plants is building a relationship with the vendor even if it's long distance. Trust is
most important and should never be compromised.

Your non-orchid plants aren't doing too well... I have trouble finding the energy to care for them too.

Yeah, I sometimes forget to water them. Orchids are my top priority. Some of the other plants look dead but I've been able to revive them.

Latest posts

Back