Neofinetia photos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, Jason Fischer is going to be in Winnipeg in September, isn't he. Lucky ducks. Too bad he couldn't stay long enough to come to the Foothills Orchid Society shown in early October.

Joanne

Kevin, I think Jason will be bringing a few to sell at our meeting.

Good, thanks. I wasn't sure what he would be bringing, if anything, besides pre-orders. The next step is, how to choose! He must have a thousand different clones!

Do they grow well mounted? Are yours in pots? The difficulty I have heard about is that they are very particular about potting. They have to sit on top of a mound of moss or something like that. Anyway, if they grow well mounted, I'll give one a try. Too bad I missed the Orchids Limited deadline for ordering (Jason is coming here in Sept.). The temps you listed are perfect for me too!

If you've got good humidity (i.e. are growing other things mounted successfully) Neos will do very well mounted. A friend of mine was keeping her Neos in her orchidarium and the moss was staying way too moist. She has mounted her's on cork instead, and they are doing well. I have one here that is just growing in a small vanda basket, and it loves having its roots dangling in the air.

My trouble is, I love pottery - nearly as much as I love orchids - so I want to grow all of mine in pots. Most of the pots I use are made specially for orchids with extra drainage and air holes along the sides by a pottery in Bristol: Erin Bonsai. The Neos *love* them.

Oooh, thank you for the Erin Bonsai link as well. I've been looking for some nice decorative pots for the Neos since last summer but they are not easy to find in UK.

Elena, You will love them! They are so much better in person than in the photos... Plus, they will make pots to your own design, if that's what you want. They are really great people to work with and the prices are not unreasonable. I'm just waiting now for them to post more pots, so that I can get new ones for the new orchids!

:D Its very easy to do, nenella... The more I grow them, the more things I find I like!

Latest posts

Back