Neofinetia falcata 'Tougen' blooming photography sequence

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank yo Dot, it is also one of my favorites... but I still am going to take more, as the flowers still growing, the sepals are much longer today and more vertical. By the way, they are just starting to spread their fragrance!!! and it is so yummy !!!
And there are 3 other spikes in buds !!!

Tom, thanks for the info, here are a few pics of the leaves (I can take a closer shot tomorrow of one on the fans)

Sept 2008

IMG_21118 by Jaljala photography, on Flickr

Hmm, interesting. Most of these I've seen have more spindly leaves, not so short and compact as yours. Then again, that could be do to you unusual culture. The flowers are pretty much spot on though.

Thank you all for following... I am tempted to try a cross between this one and the Oonami Seikai, but it would mean less time to enjoy the bloom...

A lot of training, every day when the buds where growing, I was asking them to line up :poke::p
No seriously, it is interesting because the buds where looking in all directions, and when they started opening, they naturally turned all towards the same direction (the lights where above all that time, so it is not a parameter in that case...). The first spike did the same, but the flowers are further away from each-other so it is not as nice as this spike.

Fabulous progression photos! What a great thread. :clap:
And what good little soldiers to line up so perfectly. :)

Jaljala, I think Jason Fisher may be attending the Fraser Valley Orchid Show in October. You could take your plant to show him then....

that was a nice presentation on that final blooming shot.

----prem

Latest posts

Back