Neofinetia falcata 'Tougen' blooming photography sequence

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaljala

Reaction score
Neofinetia falcata 'Tougen' (?) blooming photography sequence

Here is a photo sequence of my Neofinetia falcata 'Tougen' (?) blooming. I took photographs almost every day since the spike has started to grow, and will focus on one bud until the flower is fully opened.
More photos to come... stay tuned :p

July 31st: the spike starts to spread its buds

IMG_26493 by Jaljala photography, on Flickr

August 4th: buds are growing

IMG_26623 by Jaljala photography, on Flickr

August 5th: from now I'll focus on the bud on the right side of the spike (previous pic.) : the spur is growing longer

IMG_26739 by Jaljala photography, on Flickr

August 8th:

IMG_27065 by Jaljala photography, on Flickr

August 9th: the curving of the spur

IMG_27096 by Jaljala photography, on Flickr

August 10th: keep curving :biggrin:

IMG_27161 by Jaljala photography, on Flickr

August 11th: elongation of the spur

IMG_27166 by Jaljala photography, on Flickr

More photos to come... stay tuned :D

Last edited:
Great progression pictures!! Can't wait to see the bloom :)

I'd hesitate to label this plant as "Tougen" since you bought it as a NOID. ;) just my $0.02

August 12th : the bud turns more white with still a bit of pink. The spur is moving away from the rest of the bud. the whole bud is moving towards a more horizontal position
(Jorch: your are right, it is a NOID, I will keep a question mark after the name, but I think Tougen is the best fit for this one, considering where I bought it (Portland, OR) and the store information I could get. ;)

IMG_27183 by Jaljala photography, on Flickr

(Jorch: your are right, it is a NOID, I will keep a question mark after the name, but I think Tougen is the best fit for this one, considering where I bought it (Portland, OR) and the store information I could get. ;)

Someone like Jason from Orchids Limited or Satomi's father from Seed Engei could very well be able to spend a few moments examining your plant as a whole (seeing the flowers or a photo of them would also help) and give you a definitive answer regarding its identity.

Have you had the opportunity to smell any open flowers on your Neos yet? The scent is simply amazing! :drool: Your progression photos are quite enjoyable! Thank you so much for sharing them. Looking forward to more :wink:

Yes I had the pleasure to enjoy the smell last year when it bloomed in July, but it had only one spike with 3 flowers. So this year will should be great, 4 spikes with 4 to 5 flowers on each !!! I can't wait to smell this !!! :drool:

Thanks for the comment, I will try to ask Jason or Satomi if they have a moment to have alook at it.

Thanks for the comment, I will try to ask Jason or Satomi if they have a moment to have alook at it.
Actually, I was thinking they might need to see it in person in order to make such determination. :wink:

Fabulous! :clap: I love your perserverance in taking these photos in this manner. Well done!

Thank you Lanmark, I had to stop in the evening though... but the flowers keep opening during the night. There was 2 bud still closed yesterday at midnight and this morning at 7:00 they are opened

Latest posts

Back