Neofinetia falcata show in Japan - the video

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyushuCalanthe

Just call me Tom
Reaction score
Kyushu, Japan; warm temperate/subtropical climate
Here's a video I've been meaning to make for a few years now - a real Neofinetia show in Japan. There are some stunning plants in this video (including the one in the shot below, Oiran, a three spurred purple flowered form). You'll see a lot of variety in this video too. I tried to cover as much ground as possible. Hope you enjoy it.

Fuukiran Show in Japan

OiranPLT.jpg

That is an AWESOME video!!!
Thank you very much for creating and sharing it.
It very much inspires me to look into getting AT LEAST a second one (and third one ... )

:)

Great video! It reminds me of how I first caught the Neo bug many years ago.

Thanks for sharing.
I'm in awe! so many nice neos I want to have, but out of reach. haha
I love that picture of neo with jester hat.

The grace of the plants reminds me so much of ballet in
all its forms. Neos are both delicate and bold. Add the
enormous charm of the fragrance and you have the perfect
orchid. Thank you so much.

I'm glad you all are enjoying it. It is a bit of an obsession once you "go inside" :rollhappy:

OK, OK, I'll get one! Thanks for sharing. :)

GOOD DRAINAGE is the key. Jason Fischer is growing many of his in a mix of charcoal, "grow rock" (baked glass), and orchidata bark these days.

Thank you very much, Tom! Wow, that nice clump of Fuukiden is ~ $3000!

Yup. The reason is that this plant doesn't like to form "pups" and is very slow to propagate. Even today a single growth can go for something like $400-$500 US. A clump like that represents many years of growth. You have to think of it like a bonsai - years of sustained maintenance to get that result.

Thank you for this lovely video of Neofinetia. I am glad to see the more attainable Neos featured with the rare and unusual Neos.

Oiran is to die for... I have a Benikanzashi (whose first blooms were not with 3 spurs....) and a Hanakanzashi that didn't bloom yet... Maybe Oiran will be the next if it is affordable...

As far as I can tell all three are nearly indistinguishable. I've asked local growers about this and they say they are essentially the same. Your plants could very well have flowers with 3 spurs one day, so don't give up!

Latest posts

Back