Name Stories.....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk about bad names....I knew a teacher who had a student show up, newly arrived from Vietnam. His first name was.........Phuc.....can you guess his last name? The kid was there for only a day or so...then disappeared for a few weeks. When he came back to school, young Mr. Yew had gotten a name change................Eric

Ha ha ha. He could have just went with his first initial. Mr P. Yew

Have you ever met someone with a most beautiful name? I met this person one time whose name was aurora and she was so pretty! The name suited her well. Contrarily I met someone named Strawberry. She was pretty but what kind of a name is strawberry?

Bluefirepegasus

I met a child once with the name Dakota Dawn, which I thought was much nicer as a combination name than either name was alone, eliciting in me a vision of early morning in the great western frontier....

Have you ever met someone with a most beautiful name?
Bluefirepegasus

There was a friend named 'allana' whose gaelic translation was akin to 'beautiful, dear child', which really matched her spirit
i also had a grade-school classmate whose first name was 'moonbeam' i think, and if i remember right he had kind of yellow-white hair which i guess was where his name came from

My first name is Mark, and I am o.k. with that, but my last name is one syllable and it also starts with "M", and I hate that. It is, apparently, also hard to pronounce, as people invariably misunderstand me when I introduce myself.

When my grandmother was born, her parents couldn't decide on a name for her. A little girl in the neighborhood begged them to name the new baby after her, and they did, the unusual name of Ostra. They soon moved away, and years later my grandmother met and married her namesake's brother! My grandmother always hated her name, by the way.

I met a child once with the name Dakota Dawn, which I thought was much nicer as a combination name than either name was alone, eliciting in me a vision of early morning in the great western frontier....

Too close to "Delta Dawn" anyone remember that song? Dating myself...
:rolleyes:

The other one I wanted to mention - we had a student at my last job named "Princess".

a) who would do THAT to their child?

b) she was anything but! She grunted, she didn't speak. I'm not sure if it was a form of rebellion or what....it was weird. I felt badly for her. In general!

I met a boy once who was named Kelp. When I am seeing kelp on the beach....it doesn't exactly strike me as a name.

Another great name...my little niece is named after both of her granmothers. One was Nora and one was Jane so....Nora-Jane. It is all one name and fits her so well.

Bluefirepegasus

My husbnd's parents were thinking of what to name him.....so, when he came out, he was very plump amd round. So, they named him 'round' in chinese...but they changed the tone ever so slightly so it doesn't mean round...but that is where they got the idea of his name! HAHAHA! There are pictures of him as a complete, round buddah baby!

Bluefirepegasus

Latest posts

Back