Quantcast

My very first bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
That's fantastic!!! I really wish I could grow this one. I killed my lone individual (I'm SORRY LIEN!!!).

C

couscous74

Thanks. I pot my brachys in aliflor instead of primeagra because I heard they like it a little drier. I figured less wicking = drier while still keeping the roots in good humidity. This bellatulum has been in S/H since last May. It took a few weeks to adapt to it. I lost a bud and a few new growths at first, but then I started to see new root growth and was surprised to see it push up a bud a few weeks ago.

Rayb

Reaction score
very nice I have yet to try my hand at one.

Rick

Reaction score
Good job Marcus!!

It realy is satisfying to get something new to do well after you've been working on it for a while.

e-spice

Reaction score
Gilda - Don't worry - go ahead and dive in to S/H. I have a bellatulum that is a monster in S/H. I have to divide it every 18 months.

e-spice

I

IdahoOrchid

I just came into two of these (thanks paphreek). What size pot do you have them in and maybe a little bit of a description of your culture?

Thanks

paphreek

Vendor
Reaction score
IdahoOrchid said:
I just came into two of these (thanks paphreek). What size pot do you have them in and maybe a little bit of a description of your culture?

Thanks
Don't thank me yet! :poke: I warned you that this was a cantankerous batch of bellatulums. I kept the last one to torture myself. The bellatulum cross from the Orchid Inn flask I got is much more vigorous than these.:)

I

IdahoOrchid

paphreek said:
Don't thank me yet! :poke: I warned you that this was a cantankerous batch of bellatulums. I kept the last one to torture myself. The bellatulum cross from the Orchid Inn flask I got is much more vigorous than these.:)
OH! So YOU are the one that got to it before I could!!!!!:poke:

Latest posts