My very first bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

couscous74

P1010144.jpg

Thanks. I pot my brachys in aliflor instead of primeagra because I heard they like it a little drier. I figured less wicking = drier while still keeping the roots in good humidity. This bellatulum has been in S/H since last May. It took a few weeks to adapt to it. I lost a bud and a few new growths at first, but then I started to see new root growth and was surprised to see it push up a bud a few weeks ago.

Good job Marcus!!

It realy is satisfying to get something new to do well after you've been working on it for a while.

Gilda - Don't worry - go ahead and dive in to S/H. I have a bellatulum that is a monster in S/H. I have to divide it every 18 months.

e-spice

I just came into two of these (thanks paphreek). What size pot do you have them in and maybe a little bit of a description of your culture?

Thanks

IdahoOrchid said:
I just came into two of these (thanks paphreek). What size pot do you have them in and maybe a little bit of a description of your culture?

Thanks

Don't thank me yet! :poke: I warned you that this was a cantankerous batch of bellatulums. I kept the last one to torture myself. The bellatulum cross from the Orchid Inn flask I got is much more vigorous than these.:)

paphreek said:
Don't thank me yet! :poke: I warned you that this was a cantankerous batch of bellatulums. I kept the last one to torture myself. The bellatulum cross from the Orchid Inn flask I got is much more vigorous than these.:)
OH! So YOU are the one that got to it before I could!!!!!:poke:

Latest posts

Back