My Paphs in 2010 - so far

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super 2010 Rudolf!! I not sure how I missed this thread for so long but I've found it now!! All beautifully displayed, thanks. You only grow species, hey?

What mix are you growing your tranlineanum in?
How many years have you had your purpuratum?
Rick, I was experimenting with anorganic potting mediums for several years and ended up with expanted clay i.e. LECA. But I don't grow in S/H culture ( tried it once and it was a disaster for me and my plants).
At the beginning I used the whole balls with different success . Since I've been using broken LECA my plants grow in a better way at least in my perception.
I grow almost all of my plants in that broken stuff except seedlings, young plants or root sick plants.
I puchased this P. purpuratum about 2 years ago.

Super 2010 Rudolf!! I not sure how I missed this thread for so long but I've found it now!! All beautifully displayed, thanks. You only grow species, hey?
Rick, glad you found this thread just in time.
Yepp, almost all of my plants are species. You can count the few hybrids that I grow at the fingers of one hand.

Nice flowers again! Looks like you're having a great year 2010 with your Paphs.
Yes Carsten, with regard to my Paphs I'm very pleased this year. But as you know mate - there's alway room for improvements!!

Latest posts

Back