My Paphs in 2010 - so far

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This year is already 3 months old and at last the first Paphs are in flower now.

Paph appletonianum

paph_appletonianum_10.jpg

and closeups of staminode and pollen

paph_appletonianum_10_1.jpg

paph_appletonianum_10_2.jpg

Paph concolor var. longipetalum

paph_concolor_v_longipetalum.jpg

also closeups of staminode and pollen

paph_concolor_v_longipetalum_1.jpg

paph_concolor_v_longipetalum_2.jpg

Three other ones are spiking and the buds are starting to open. So hopefully next pics will be here very soon.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

I am about sure, I posted this one already, :(! so redo!

Very nice both!!! I am still trying to get used to this concolor var., but I like this heart-like stami a lot!!!! Jean

As I promised few weeks ago here are the next blooms.

Paph. callosum has been often shown but I think it is worth to be shown 'often plus one' times.

paph_callosum_10.jpg

close ups of staminode and pollen

paph_callosum_10_1.jpg

paph_callosum_10_2.jpg

Paph. godefroyae f. album was shown by me one year ago when it flowered for the very fist time as Paph. leucochilum f. album. Contrary to other album forms which can be touchy ones is it a good grower and so far a reliable bloomer. It's always a challenge for the camera to focus these white flowers.

paph_godefroyae_album.jpg

paph_godefroyae_album_1.jpg

paph_godefroyae_album_2.jpg

Paph. adductum is flowering for the very first time in my collection. So far it's a rare species and therefor I'm very pleased with it.

paph_adductum.jpg

paph_adductum_1.jpg

paph_adductum_2.jpg

paph_adductum_3.jpg

Wow, very nice photos, I love the close ups of the adductum. They are a tough one to keep going, good growing on your part.

Neon, Rudolf!

Thanks for your critical comment, Dot! Very helpful!
It was late and I was tired and obviously it seems my head was in bed already. :D
I changed the settings as far as possible. I think its not perfect but better now!

Wow, very nice photos, I love the close ups of the adductum. They are a tough one to keep going, good growing on your part.
Thanks Leo, I will give you wishes on to my plant!

Paphiopedilum hangianum
I purchased this plant a bit more than 2 years ago in a well known Paph nursery as Paph emersonii. I think it has been less my care in the last years than more a classical case of mislabeling that it blossomed out as Paph. hangianum!! But to be honest - I know worse cases of mislabeling!!:):)
The fresh fragrance of the bloom is stunning.

paph_hangianum.jpg

and two closeups of the staminode (front and side)

paph_hangianum_1.jpg

paph_hangianum_2.jpg

Latest posts

Back