My Paph. rungsuriyanum arrived US safely.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I also have 4 flasks of canhii imported from cuba, huge importer of orchids!!!!! I've been getting them for the past 10 years, vladimir putin approved!! "Communist cuba" their largest import net income, paph canhii and rugseryianum!! :)

The paph canhii is known to mug and kill people, we need a 1,000 man task force with a seal team to seize and kill that one!!! Whats happening is a gov't "trump and hillary" combined conspiracy, if they take the nations attention "slide of hand" they know that they can secretely bring in impossible to grow orchids due to culture complications paph canhii, rungsiryianum and the tiny flat bulb bulbophyllum with the penduluous bloom that looks like a feather

Seriously doubt that. Having multi growth plants in a year or less would be quite an accomplishment

Proliferation in the flask, maybe? I've grown some Paphs and Phrags from flasks and some seedlings have the tendency to reproduce at an early stage of development within a year out of the flask.
Not saying that it's impossible that they were wild collected, it's just an odd coincidence that Achima is selling flasklet of 5 plants at the same time.

Proliferation in the flask, maybe? I've grown some Paphs and Phrags from flasks and some seedlings have the tendency to reproduce at an early stage of development within a year out of the flask.
Not saying that it's impossible that they were wild collected, it's just an odd coincidence that Achima is selling flasklet of 5 plants at the same time.

You guys are funny. Just say whatever you want. I have no comment. Plants are mine is still mine. Please see the picture.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/147441407@N06/33025017832/in/dateposted-public/

Thien it's not you people are mad at, they are mad at the plants disposition, vendetta against paph is in order? the only thing we can guess is a search with a seizure and burning of all of them. well I'm glad some of them made it here, hopefully, with the right culture info mixed with common sense and intellegence we can propagate them :)

Eric, I'm making a joke at the unblanced punishment for the crime and also the wasted resources used "a bullshit job" funded by us taxpayers, there are child rapists, murderers and explosive gang violence, ever herd of the "los zetos" I think resources used to curb the afformrntioned criminals would be wiser, besides when the bullshit job people seize the plants they throw them away sometimes hundreds in a seizure...... how is that suppose to save a species? Throwing or burning away hundreds........? Also how could you categorize an orchid enthusiest, buying a plant or two to a child kidnapper, rapist, forced sex slavery or murderer....?
oh, my god , I did not know about this "los zetas" until you mentioned it . I wonder how many Americans are just as uninformed as I am about these problems
https://www.google.com/search?q=mex...&imgdii=c-6Kid9w5P7D6M:&imgrc=RkWroAI0nGZytM:

Wow morandiwine you are police officer with the fish and wildlife dept. or are just mad that somebody else has one of these paphs and not you or...... instead of all these paphs dying on a dirty market floor, better they can at least be put into propagation here? No?

Hein, there is real problems in the united states, the gang "los zetas" is one of them, I guess for somebody to not want to work sit back and get fat, this orchid monitering is perfect for that, or these people can get real jobs and put an end to gangs like I mentioned or stop the human trafficking, underage sex slaves, but that kind of stuff goes overlooked because of out of sight out of mind, that requires too much real work. this orchid foolery is much easier fuss about

Please propagate. Hoping one of them will survive. That is all we can hope for and ask. And stay away going commercial. Trouble.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I agree, Troy.
Stupid and sad reality, though.

I was forced to throw away an apple because you know, it could carry some deadly disease that might threaten the whole apple trees in the country, while tons more fruits and veggies are coming in the millions.
Not all are checked, just practically impossible.
but my innocent apple had to go. haha~

The babies look wonderful Thien.

Let me share a little experience here. Many, many of these native plants are being destroyed every day for
lumber and population expansion. I've seen this myself in Borneo, but it's happening just about everywhere in
developing countries. Sometimes one can get official
permission to work areas before the bulldozers move in
if you have the money for bribes. Sometimes the officials
don't give a damn. The simple truth is that either the plants are saved or destroyed. I prefer saved and propagated. Everything else is irrelevant.

Latest posts

Back