My paph Frank Smith is GREEN???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mjehughes

This flower is opening, GREENN -no color - except some red on the stamode?
very faint stripes but gets greennnnnnner every day.. do they turn yellow?
or is this "alba".. and should I be happy or blue?
p norito hasegawa "ET" x p rothschildianum "crystelle" fcc/aos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

While at last year's Slipper Symposium there were lots of P. Frank Smith in bloom for sale at June's Orchid Estate. Most look more like Harold Koopowitz than Dollgoldi to me. I bought a flask from Frank 5 or 6 years ago at a Slipper symposium when Paul Phillips still ran it and they are now blooming size. I'm curious to see how they turn out. June has 100s if not 1000s of this cross nbs to bs so I'm sure there is a wide variation.
Rob

OH sighhhh, really really really wanted metallic yellow,:sob: will just have to buy more until I get the "FCC" . like I need an excuse to buy more plants.. :evil: what parents are better for yellow?:

Well if you want yellow, Dollgoldii would be a better choice. Although some (but not all) of your cross will be yellow. Rick's clone was pretty yellow.

David

well orchid web describes Frank Smith as " light green, burgundy, purple"
so needed to research the web more.. guess folks don't post the photos of the green ones.. the frank smith shown with the ebay listing was DEEEP yellow.. so I got one of the 'normal ones".. the wonder of genetics.. need to go with divisions :eek:

This flower is opening, GREENN -no color - except some red on the stamode?
very faint stripes but gets greennnnnnner every day.. do they turn yellow?
or is this "alba".. and should I be happy or blue?
p norito hasegawa "ET" x p rothschildianum "crystelle" fcc/aos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
There is red in the flower ... so how could it be an albino (let alone an alba)?

Yeah, the color on these evolves as the flower opens then ages. Chill, it's expected. ;) Wait until it unfolds and firms up to pass judgement on it.

Back