My new roths from Krull-Smith

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfDog1 (C. Williams)

Reaction score
I got all 5 of the roths that Krull-Smith has listed on their back on the back of the most current Orchids magazine. Frank also mentioned them in a thread under vendor sales. I ordered and I received some of the best looking roths I have seen. Here's a picture of all 5 of them. Advertised as 6" leaf spans, but they are WAY bigger than that.

Here's the order from left to right:

'Frank Smith' FCC/AOS x 'Krull Smith' FCC/AOS
'Krull's Ruby' x 'Crystells' FCC/AOS
'Crystelle' FCC/AOS x 'Krull Smith' FCC/AOS
'Orlando' x 'Krulls Ruby'
'Crystelle' FCC/AOS x 'Atticus' AM/AOS

The thread under Krull-Smith's vendors site also has a picture of my 5 other roths, but I didn't want to recreate the whole post here.

Enjoy,

Craig

And what's worse, I have 6 more plants coming Tuesday from Fred Clarke who is speaking here in Portland. All paphs: 2 sangii, 1 dayanum, 1 Mem Larry Heuer, and (you guessed it) 2 roths...'DD's Queen AM/AOS x 'DD's King' and 'Raja Kumis' FCC/AOS x 'DD's Queen' AM/AOS.

WOO HOO!

These are all being kept well away from the mealies. However, a friend of mine gave me some stuff 'you can't buy anymore' to treat the plants with.
My fingers are crossed that the mealies die like the dirty dogs they are!

Craig

Last edited:
It is hard to tell the maturity of the roth just by size. Many of the roths not all you got from KS are have a double shot of Rex. Sam's plants don't have Rex in them so the plants will likely be more compact.

The KS roths do look nice though. Waiting is the difficult part. I have about 300+ roth seedlings most larger than the KS ones and flasks in the lab. I am going to be overwhelmed in three years. In a good way. Waiting waiting waiting.

I bought a Fredclarkera 'After Dark' seedling cross from him when he spoke at our recent society(OSWP) meeting in June. I have to say he is one of the best speakers I have ever heard talk about orchids. After his talk, half the room got up, ran to the selling tables and bought orchids that they probably had no intention of buy before they arrived at the meeting! He was fabulous, and if you need a speaker, I highly recommend him. I ordered a catt from him and a Ctsm. Donna Wise, but came home with his famous cross, too.

Craig, first let me tell you, that you are not alone in ordering the roths. from Frank at Krull Smith. I received my 4 last week. Mine all had leave spans of 8 inches. The ones I bought from him at the WOC are now mostly 12" leaf spans with one being 14".

Fred Clark will be selling at the International Paph forum in Florida at the end of Oct. I got one of each of his roths. seedling there last year and pre-orderted another one of each as well as a few other paphs. to be delivered at that event. Don't tell anyone but I even ordered a few catts :)

Having read the thread of Frank, I contacted Krull-Smith via their Web-site and several times by mail, trying to get information about possible shipment to Europe-Luxembourg. I was told this would be possible, but until today, I did not get any of the asked for info about Cites and other additional costs! I am sorry about that, because having a plant from Frank here in Lux would not be bad at all!!! :eek::eek: Jean

Yes, Frank really needs to make it to Europe some time soon :D

Those roths look fantastic!

Hello All, I do ship to Europe and am glad you guys like the plants. The Cites cost is 50,00US and the shipping cost is billed at time of shipping. Fred Clark is one of my best friends and a really good man. He has wonderful plants and as said in a previous post is one of our GREAT vendors here in October. This is going to be our best meeting yet.

Eric, I'd like a Crystelle or two myself. Only problem is that we probable couldn't afford them. Remember, were just the little guys. That said, Many of you other guys need to come to Florida in late Oct. I'm telling you it is GREAT.

Frank, I took a later plane home on Sunday so I could visit with you. Thanks for being our host and also thanks for providing paph seedling for the first fifty that sign up.

Hello Bob, I am so happy that you will be able to visit on Sunday. We had a great time last year. All of you should try to make it this year. I am going to have great plants for door prizes. Maybe a Crystelle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back