My first paph sanderianum in bloom, yay !

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigleaf

Reaction score
My first paph sanderianum in bloom, yay ! Only one flower but it's a start. I bought this back in 2010, and kept it in 2.5 inch pot until earlier this year. It's in 3.5 inch pot right now, has a new growth starting. It was in low bud on Friday. 4 days later it's open and petals are already very long. Does this species always bloom this quickly from low bud to opening?

e3u4u6u4.jpg

Wow...that's fantastic Peter! I can't comment on your question as I have no experience with this species. Where did you get it?

Nice! These spikes do move pretty quicky. My sand did and my MK does too. Less than a week is super fast!

Wow, can I have a look at the flower from the side? I have a very similar one that turned out to be some hybrid (MK kindof). But yours is different so....

Wow!! that's a very nice flower, with nice colours and very long petals!!! :clap:

sanderianum likes to be grown a little like Phalaenopsis, maybe slighlty more humid, so right for you :evil:

Congratulation, that's a nice flower. Looks like you're getting the conditions right for some of the mroe advanced Paphs.

Awesome Peter! Is that the only one you own? I only have one, and it's a far cry from blooming.

I've said it before, you really have a knack for the multis!

Thank you Adam. I have 6 of these. I bought them as small seedlings from Carter and Holmes back in November 2010. I figure that time will go by quickly and they will flower soon. So almost 4 years later. These are all about the same size. I like this species for its long twisted petals.

This one is
CH8017 Paph sanderianum (sanderianum 'Dark Beauty' X sanderianum 'Newberry Tresses')

I also bought
CH8015 Paph sanderianum (sanderianum 'Natures Glory' X sanderianum 'Dark Beauty')

CH8016 Paph sanderianum (sanderianum 'Raven Cliff Falls' AM/AOS X sanderianum 'Natures Glory')

Speaking of multiflora, this past weekend I visited Woodstream Orchids in MD. I got large division of a Paph. Temptation 'Penns Creek' AM/AOS (Paph. kolopakingii X Paph. philippinense). I'm looking forward to flowering it next Spring.

wow, beautiful plant! Only 4 years from seedling to flowering? I thought sanderianum was growing much slower than this?

Mine grow so slow, I don't think it will flower before another 10 years!

Back