My delanatii again...

• Thread starter Eric Muehlbauer
  • Start date
Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

As requested, here is the delanatii I posted a few weeks ago, against a dark background. Its still great nos...but has become incredibly gragrant...its now not only my largest delanatii ever, but the strongest smelling to! Take care, Eric

Woops! Sorry about that! I was getting impatient, waiting for the pic to finally come through on Imageshack and wrote it is a hurry...since I'm a lousy typist I always read everything over to correct all my mistakes. I guess I wasn't drinking enough......I would have been more eloquent otherwise! Eric- I got it last year on Ebay....I forget from whom, and I forget for how much...but it was pretty cheap as I recall...otherwise I wouldn't have bid. Take care, Eric

It's so pretty...I love delenatii. Mine isn't fragrant. (at least not that I can detect) Odd...:confused:

On this one, the fragrance took some time to develop. It was at least a full week before I could even trace a scent....now, after 4 weeks, the scent is powerful. The sun never hits it on display, but I have noticed that C. acaule, which has a similar lemony scent, doesn't really deveop a fragrance until the afternoon. Take crae, Eric

It's so pretty...I love delenatii. Mine isn't fragrant. (at least not that I can detect) Odd...:confused:

I don't find it odd - You're not alone! I'm sorry when my nose has to touch the flower in order to detect a fragrance, IMO that's not fragrant! I would LOVE nothing better to have a powerful scented paph period!

Is malipoense x delenatii fragrant?
Eric, I didn't do anything w/ the Naga Jolokia seeds, did your son plant his and do you think there will be any extras? I have photos somewhere of one victim throwing up! :evil:

Nasty! I'm the one who grows them...not my son...he just illegally orderes them from England...then gives them to me! I have a few seeds left, both types of jolokia...I'll get them started this weekend....you want more? You can have them! I'm wondering if all that intense capsicum eating caused some of my periodontal problems........Take care, Eric

....now, after 4 weeks,

I have my first delenatii flowering now for the first time, and I was wondering how long they can last. Yours has been open for 4 weeks?! That's great - our show is in about 3 1/2 weeks, so I hope it will last. It has another bud coming too - maybe two flowers by then! Haven't noticed a scent yet.

Mine has been open almost 4 weeks....more than 3. Its still in perfect shape now....I don't know how much longer it will last in good shape. For a parvi, delanatii has longer lived flowers...certainly more than the 2 weeks you get from emersonii....but I doubt it will make it all the way to 6 weeks....

Latest posts

Back