Mrs. Paph bloomed a Phrag! Sedenii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mrs. Paph

Hey, look what I bloomed! I've just not had much luck with Phrags in the past (ok, not Any that lived and bloomed LoL), but got this Sedenii in a trade this spring in nice enough condition, and it grew like crazy! :) Media didn't change, still using clear pots, but switching to all rain water (and low K fert. instead of MSU, & swapping KLN for Kelpak for transplanting & once monthly rinses) happened between this plant and my last attempt at growing a Phrag, so I'm sure the increased water quality had a lot to do with it! I just know I didn't kill half a dozen others over as many years Only because of under-watering, because after the first one I kept repeating to myself, "It is not a Paph, it likes more water, it is Not a Paph, it likes more water" :p

Fantastic job!
I love that feeling when you finally figure out how to grow a genus you've been failing with.
Your Sedenii is beautiful and I wish you many more successes!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I picked up a Sedenii on eBay about six months ago. It was a four-growth palnt in a three-inch pot. I keep it on my windowsill in the kitchen above the sink. It's growing like a weed for me. It has inspired me to add a few more Phrags to my collection. :)

Latest posts

Back