Moving Plants in Bud/Bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shade131

Reaction score
I’ve always been hesitant to move anything to somewhere it can be appreciated before the bud has fully opened, and then only to a spot that has comparable light. I’m wondering if I’m being overly conservative. For example, I’ve got a P. Deena Nicol (philipenense x glanduliferum) that’s got 2 flowers open and another 2 buds are close. If I move this from under my LED’s to a south facing window where it’ll get less but still decent light, ( some other tropicals are doing well there) what are the chances the remaining buds will blast? Not an exact science obviously, just wondering what other’s general experiences have been with moving slippers and it’s effect on buds/flowers. I know I can get away with a lot with maudiae’s and bulldogs because they’re more tolerant of change, but I’m less confident about the rest....

Some of my friends don't move plants with buds. I have to move my multiflowered paphs, because there is not enough space under the light tubes and I never had any Problems. The only important Thing you already mentioned is not to Change the direction of the lightsource. I did that just now with St. Swithin, as a result the flowers open the wrong way and hinder each other a bit. The perfect order is disturbed but it's not a total loss.
Michael

the only effect I have noticed is a kink in the stalk...sellers of orchids move budding paphs all the time, also mailing them...it's sort of an industry

Latest posts

Back