Moving into an old greenhouse!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Lance, depending on how open it is, you're certainly right. I'm thinking of only the space left between the top support board and the roof - just a few inches. If it ends up equalizing too much, I can close it up. I'm experimenting...

You will probably get enough heat cross over with an opening at the bottom and then not to loose heat at the top which would consume more energy.
Have fun!

Whoooooeee! Big progress today! And I'll post photos shortly. Ramon, you might well have looked into one of these greenhouses -owned by Jim DiMattei. The one I'm taking is the "little" one in the front, behind the Gomez nursery office. I imagine Jim has been trying to rent one of these for a while and when I got there his price had gone down enough for me to try it.

Thanks. As soon as I can. So much expenses after school.

Ramon:)

less heat loss to the cool side

You will probably get enough heat cross over with an opening at the bottom and then not to loose heat at the top which would consume more energy.
Have fun!

I agree - I'll close up the top, then. You certainly are my guru! (I read and reread both editions of The Paph... Grower's Manual). Thanks for your comments!

I agree - I'll close up the top, then. You certainly are my guru! (I read and reread both editions of The Paph... Grower's Manual). Thanks for your comments!

Wrong Lance, but still a very knowledgeable dude and guru. Gonewild is Lance Peck; Paph Grower's Manual is Lance Birk.

Congrats!! That is one fabulous, huge greenhouse! You and your plants will love it there! I am so happy for you!!

I know! It's going to give me my photography space back in particular. Not to mention giving me a good place for the babies and the rapidly expanding collection! Sooo good to have space again! I think Sunday may be the moving day now. Though tomorrow will be a major workday at the greenhouse and I don't know just how much will get done. We shall see!

Well - no moving has yet occurred. Roof repairs needed to be done first, and it's been raining off and on since I last posted! Frustration!!!

Well - no moving has yet occurred. Roof repairs needed to be done first, and it's been raining off and on since I last posted! Frustration!!!

Get used to it! Looks like it will be a very wet winter in CA.
After you have your plants in the house and the roof gets damaged you will have to work in the rain, so might as well get wet now while it is not an emergency. :poke:

any update on your new greenhouse space ?

hi Chris,

last update about your new greenhouse is almost 20 days
any new developments?
we're all awaiting new update with pix if possible
good luck cliokchi :)

[QruseeenhoUOTE=chrismende;255141]Well - no moving has yet occurred. Roof repairs needed to be done first, and it's been raining off and on since I last posted! Frustration!!![/QUOTE]

6 pages and no pictures!!! Come on Chris.....DON'T BE LIKE THAT!

Don't tidy up...don't fix it for us.... We can take it!!!

Sorry, just saw the links.... I take it all back! ;0))

I like your new GH. Very big too. But it is better than asking your wife to share your bedroom with all those ladies (slipper). How long did you share your house with your orchids??? I would have a broken marriage if I force that sort of arrangement, "My Way". I am curious to know how much rent do you have to pay??? - No one I know here (and abroad) would have to rent a greenhouse for his hobby!!!!
Note : Hope you now know how to have thumbnails in PhotoBucket. I am still learning how to get the right size for the thumbnail, which can be "zoomed in". If you do, please share this knowledge with me , Howard.

Latest posts

Back