Mount on / with???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about something called a hydrolog? It's a mount using oasis (used for flower arranging) for a base, with coconut fibre surrounding it. Ask Kyle or Jason Fischer about it - looks pretty cool. I think I'll try it too.

Do you have any pictures of it Kevin??? TYIA
I doubt if it's a possibility, the problem seems to be with shipping, resulting in it cracking & then obviously doesn't hold water.:(

I have seen and used Oasis - the water holding type.

Oasis is used by florists. You can probably get some from them or it is readily available in hobby stores or over the internet. It comes in a block. You slice it into a thin piece and tie it to whatever your mounting the plant on. Then you tie the plant so the roots are on the Oasis.

There are several types. Some are water repellent. They don't work.

It holds up well. I don't particularly like the color - it's green - and I think moss looks much more natural. It's also very cheap. You can probably get a lifetime supply for $10.

Try it, it may be what you're looking for.

Mike

Kevin and Mike thank you for the info!!! I must do a search in tho local market!! :) I was thuinking that if i use it mainly for mounting then i could coat it with whatever sphagnum i have for decorative purposes..;)

Latest posts

Back