More Mad City pics

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

li'l frog

Reaction score
The delenatii, with a shot of the dark reverse; and the surprise of the weekend. One is of the first day, with the flower just opened; the second is the third day, with the petals growing and changing.

Attachments

• slipper 6.JPG
    slipper 6.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 53
  • slipper 7.JPG
    slipper 7.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 34
  • day 1 new.JPG
    day 1 new.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 46
  • day 3.JPG
    day 3.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 52
Thank you for posting. They are wonderful, both of them.

I think it's time I added dunkel to my wish list :D

Yay kovachii! thanx for photos. :D Who was the grower of the Pk?

Chuck Acker is the grower of the PK. It received the "Best in Show" award. By the end of the week, the Madison Orchid Guild website will have a 'professional quality' (color corrected, nice background) picture posted. Please don't take this a a put down of the pictures that are posted.

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
I would! :mad: LOL! :rollhappy:
I didn't know where Acker's was except for the name. I have an idea that the phrags are growing like stalks of corn in that area! Thanx for the info.

I would! :mad: LOL! :rollhappy:
I didn't know where Acker's was except for the name. I have an idea that the phrags are growing like stalks of corn in that area! Thanx for the info.

The firm Chuck Acker works for is now call Orchids Garden Center, it used to be Orchids by the Ackers, in Middleton WI just around the lake, west of Madison WI. I believe the Phrag kovachii belongs to Chuck himself rather than the Garden Center, though it lives in the greenhouses there.

From downtown Madison take University Ave west, to County Q. follow Q, to the greenhouse.

That kovachii is an incredible plant,

Leo

Latest posts

Back