mini neo in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... like me :D

yup :D How are they doing, btw? I have Neos in bloom now and others, including that Lc primary hybrid which turned out to be totally awesome...been too busy to post pics, however. I've snapped a lot but no time to go thru them and pick out the good ones.

Your plants are always beautifully grown, Tracy!:clap:
Thanks, Ross!:D

Your 'Kinkosei' (at least that's what it looks like :) ) is very nice.

Someone recently asked me a question about root trimming, Tracy, and I'd like your opinion about it. Apparently this person has the same problem I do. I have very little root die-off. My Neo roots can sometimes get to be quite long and unruly, but I try my best to train them in the way I want them to go. When repotting Neos, do you ever trim any overly long yet healthy roots in order to facilitate fitting a plant into a pot?

Thanks, Mark! The plant in that video is Jitsugekkou. I have it on my flickr account.

I haven't had these for as long as you so I do not have any giant beasts yet. However, when I've helped Jason remound his neos at the greenhouse, he's always told me to go ahead and CHOP the roots to a desirable length even for the ones that are starting to get unruly, just so they can fit into the pot. He says during the growing season, they'll put out enough roots it usually won't even matter.

Very Nice.Hope mine will bloom out .My neos when I pot always look tousled like they just got out of bed after a restless night!Guess I'll try an ice cream scoop,Dot LOL

Hiya guys,
after watching these great videos I have a funny feeling that the ice cream scoop wasn't the best advice...not unless you added loads of gluco-syrup to the moos anyway!

I'm glad you guys liked the videos!

So, Tracy. Where is the picture Jason is looking for a pollen? :poke:
Oh, you mean the one on my flickr account?:D I did ask for permission to take that photo, btw. He said as long as he looks sexy, it's fine.

yup :D How are they doing, btw? I have Neos in bloom now and others, including that Lc primary hybrid which turned out to be totally awesome...been too busy to post pics, however. I've snapped a lot but no time to go thru them and pick out the good ones.

Doing fine. 3 are in bloom right now -- I'll be posting photos in a couple days, when I have some time to do some snaps. Good thing I'm retired, huh!

Latest posts

Back