Merry Christmas!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Merry Christmas, everyone! And thank you all for your continued support of our hobby gone wild. Next year will be our 30th anniversary and it promises to be an exciting one, with many new species and hybrids to offer. Pray for peace in our day.......

Last edited:
Tom
Have you ever considered doing a little video tour of your operations? I am equally amazed and inspired that you can produce so much quality and variety in such a small greenhouse!! At the expense of business secrets I would love to hear/see how you are able to accomplish so much with seemingly so little.

Happy New Year!
Jake

Hi Jake,

Appreciate the compliments and the answer is simple - focus. Because we no longer have the room we had at Hausermann's (3,000 sq ft. in 3 different growing areas). Now that I'm a "boutique" grower, I'm forced to limit our breeding program to those slipper orchid species and hybrids that are especially interesting to me. Such a breeding program usually doesn't produce many seedlings, but it does have the potential of producing things that are very special (see photo).

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Gorgeous!

Well, well done my friend. I am constantly impressed with what you do!

Hi Dot,

Phrag. (Machelle Hershey x Rosalie Dixler) using a very pale Machelle Hershey as the pod parent. This was the lightest colored one out of the three that bloomed; the others were pink. We may have seedlings in late 2017.

Happy New Year to you and Lee!

Latest posts

Back