Mem. Larry Heuer AM/AOS Magnolia Prime

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is very nice, but I think the Judges goofed on that one, as it is NOT Paph. Mem. Larry Heuer. I bet your plant has a citrus (Lemon) fragrance? It is Paph. Shun-Fa Golden (hangianum x malipoense and probably made with albino parents).

Compare Mem. Larry Heuer
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6202&highlight=Larry+Heuer

with Paph. Shun-Fa Golden:
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6637&highlight=Larry+Heuer
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~eb7s-mtng/H20-01obuse/aoki1.jpg

Robert

I agree. That is one great flower!!!

Ramon:)

I think the fan in the upper right is jealous....I think they look like twins!!!!

I think the fan in the upper right is jealous....I think they look like twins!!!!

Amazingly keen obervation.
I look at the fan & holy cow, the flower is as full shape as the fan.

This is a can of worms for judges. In a perfect world, no one would have to hide the identity of a plant or its parents. Not saying the exhibitor did here, but the source might have.

-Ernie

This is a can of worms for judges. In a perfect world, no one would have to hide the identity of a plant or its parents. Not saying the exhibitor did here, but the source might have. -Ernie

I can see where is a can of worms ..... so could the award be rescinded or can they correct the name? ..... but could they also say it's a noID?:eek: Maybe matters like this it's best to keep mouths shut? :eek:

IMO, I hope in this case the name can be corrected. How complex could this cross be? I wouldn't take the award off of it either. its obviously is a good plant

IMO, I hope in this case the name can be corrected. How complex could this cross be? I wouldn't take the award off of it either. its obviously is a good plant

I would take the award off it. It needs to be rejudged as a Shun-Fa Golden. Currently it is a Shun-Fa Golden judged against the criteria of Larry Heuer. Of course it would be of awarded. It would be the biggest roundest Larry Heuer ever seen. I'm not saying it isn't a nice flower and not award quality. It just needs to be judged against the correct criteria.

The reality is nothing will happen. There was a St Swithin here that received an AM award as a roth "Burleigh Waters". That was 25 or 30 years ago. It is still being sold as an awarded roth.

David

Larry Heuers
Paph. Shun-Fa Golden:

Currently there are no Shun-Fa Golden's that have been awarded. I'm assuming it's because of the parentage involved. Gorgeous plant regardless.

Currently there are no Shun-Fa Golden's that have been awarded. I'm assuming it's because of the parentage involved. Gorgeous plant regardless.

Candace,

You're right if you go by the names the plants were awarded under. Severl MLH's awarded are actually S-F G, but the tag said MLH using "emersonii" to launder "hangianum". Look at the recent awards to Sugar Suite too... A drastic improvement is overall SIZE, DORSAL habit, and dorsal width. Hmmmm....

-Ernie

Back