Maxillaria sanguinea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fbrem

one of my favorites, this was a disappointing blooming for this plant, 3-4 flowers/growth last year, mostly 2/growth this year.

DSCF6057.jpg

DSCF6055.jpg

DSCF6056.jpg

Forrest

Well done! The whole plant is very attractive, looks like it has a nice growth habit.

Any scent? Is it a difficult one?

Do the pseudo bulbs always stay so nice and tidy in the pot like that, and not start extending out like maxillaria tenuifolia? I agree with Elena, it has a nice growth habit.

Do the pseudo bulbs always stay so nice and tidy in the pot like that, and not start extending out like maxillaria tenuifolia? I agree with Elena, it has a nice growth habit.

Yes, it keeps a very tidy growth habit, one of the things I love about this one. I've had it in that same pot for three years now, and will repot after blooming to see if I can get the flower count back up next year.

Forrest

What a gorgeous plant! I have a large tenuifolia that I just love. Does this one grow with similar culture?

What a gorgeous plant! I have a large tenuifolia that I just love. Does this one grow with similar culture?

yes, very similar to tenuifolia culture, it just smaller and stays compact.

Forrest

Last edited by a moderator:
Back