March Masdie Madness

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

It's begun, I think they're happy in their new home, everyone is spiking!
Aquarius, a slect clone from J&L.
MasdAquarius004.jpg
MasdAquarius003.jpg
MasdAquarius005.jpg
MasdAquarius002.jpg

Fantastic flower, Rose! This one sure looks like its happy with its new home. Can't wait to see more photos!

This is working for me! BTW in the past I had no luck with masdies or a drac. I really don't think 65% humidity in the GH is high enough for them, they struggled & I finally put them out of their misery!
001.jpg

The aquarium is 12" x 18" x 18". There is a piece of egg crate that sits 1" off the bottom. The top is a shoe/boot tray, adjust for venting & add a muffin fan. Humidity runs 80-100% with a thin layer of water covering the bottom of the aquarium. There are 6 plants, all are spiking (2 spikes on the drac!) but 1 & one just finished blooming. It's a west window, so far night time lows are 58, daytime high 65-70. If it starts to get too warm in summertime, then the AC will be on or I just pick it up & put in my basement!

Rose - really pretty masdie and I love your aquarium set up. I've been thinking about doing something similar. I've got five or six masd.'s and if they don't like your 65% humidity in your greenhouse, then mine are doomed in my lucky-to-be 40% house humidity.

Thanks guys! I should add the hybrids I have are suitable for I-W conditions. As my temps stand now, my night time lows are considered warm bordering intermediate. Summer will be a challenge, they claim - keep humidity up & they need a night time drop to get by. I know know my earlier failure was humidity too low & the summer heat waves.

Latest posts

Back