Malipoense bud-watch in retrospect

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjorn

Reaction score
For certain, malipoense is know to be one of the slower concerning bud development, so a regular bud-watch becomes too slowly progressing for most of us. Therefore as I got a bud on one of my malipos, I decided to follow its development and document it. Then when the flower opened, I was a bit disappointed and forgot the whole Project. It may be of interest for others though, just to see how long time it takes, and here it is, Enjoy!:D

The first picture is the bud appearing in the crown, date is September 10 2014.

one month later, October 12, 2014

November 4, 2014

Dec. 3

Dec. 28

January 23, 2015

Feb. 10, 2015. Finally, after more than 5 months after the bud got visible it was fully expanded. Slightly deformed though and with some deformations that I believe must have come from the relatively high intensity of fungus spraying that I had to perform during most of last growing season. Now the spraying has almost ceased and with my new fertilisation scheme, I believe that the fungal related incidents will keep below the "radar";)

image uploader

Yes it was BIG but beautiful????:confused: the scent was ok though a bit raspberry-apple?

Latest posts

Back