Magic Lantern

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I thought I was going to get three spikes together this year, but one is lagging behind.
This plant has been such a nice grower and bloomer in the last few years, making two flowers per spike.

This is the second flush of the blooms. And gorgeous leaves!! :)

jiLISPFl.jpg

I thought I was going to get three spikes together this year, but one is lagging behind.
This plant has been such a nice grower and bloomer in the last few years, making two flowers per spike.

This is the second flush of the blooms. And gorgeous leaves!! :)

jiLISPFl.jpg
Just when I think hybrids offer me nothing over species, THIS HAPPENS. Wow. I love it. It glows. Flawless leaves. How do you grow? Thanks for sharing.

I personally prefer Magic Lantern much more over either parent. :)

I have this plant by bright window protected with sheer curtain. I have not repotted it since my purchase in 2015 (or 2014). It was a medium sized seedling in chunky orchiata mix in 3.75inch plastic pot. I generally don't repot anything for 3 years or more.
I plan on repotting this one soon though because there is no more room left for the new growths, and there are three new growths emerging at the moment.
I water with tap water which has a low mineral content (under 50 ppm TDS) fortunately. My fertilizing schedule is very loose, if I can even call that a schedule even. haha
I would go without any for a few months straight. Other times, I would fertilize very lightly (30 or lower ppm Nitrogen) at every watering for a few consecutive times.
Usually and roughly, it comes to be about once or twice at most per month.

I personally prefer Magic Lantern much more over either parent. :)

I have this plant by bright window protected with sheer curtain. I have not repotted it since my purchase in 2015 (or 2014). It was a medium sized seedling in chunky orchiata mix in 3.75inch plastic pot. I generally don't repot anything for 3 years or more.
I plan on repotting this one soon though because there is no more room left for the new growths, and there are three new growths emerging at the moment.
I water with tap water which has a low mineral content (under 50 ppm TDS) fortunately. My fertilizing schedule is very loose, if I can even call that a schedule even. haha
I would go without any for a few months straight. Other times, I would fertilize very lightly (30 or lower ppm Nitrogen) at every watering for a few consecutive times.
Usually and roughly, it comes to be about once or twice at most per month.
Thank you! I think I need a sheet curtain :)

That is a beauty and thanks for the culture notes.

No problem!
I am entertaining the idea of trying another flask of this hybrid, but after trying one, I am rather discouraged.
After about six years out of flask, I have kept one best growing seedling of the bunch to myself. It is a two growth plant and still not flowering.
This particular plant above is such a good grower/bloomer.
I should divide and keep backups just in case should anything happens to it.

I also have three similar cross, vietnamense x micranthum. They are extra slow and I'm this close to quitting. hahaha

Latest posts

Back