Latest flowers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received three different ones from Hillsview Garden. Each one bloomed within 3-4 months. They were all great. Just ordered another one. I did place some outside during the day to get cooler temps and in the garage at night (to keep them from freezing). Waiting to see if they bloom.

Somebody in here has said to put it in the refrigerator crisper at night. I have two and if I don’t get a bud this year after 4 years waiting, that’s what’ll be happening next February.
What? The whole charlesworthii in fridge? Nooooo. They just need a temperature differential of 15-20 F in the fall/winter months. Some growths take 2-3 years to mature.

What? The whole charlesworthii in fridge? Nooooo. They just need a temperature differential of 15-20 F in the fall/winter months. Some growths take 2-3 years to mature.
Been waiting 5 years now. Acquired in bloom, so I know they have it in them. Yes, whole charlesworthii in fridge. Almost everything else I have gets enough differential and I don’t know Joe else to increase it. I’ll try with just one plant first. It’s not rare in collections and although I like it a lot, if the experiment fails on me at least it’s a lesson. But don’t worry, they still have at least one more year to disappoint me before I try the tough love.

Been waiting 5 years now. Acquired in bloom, so I know they have it in them. Yes, whole charlesworthii in fridge. Almost everything else I have gets enough differential and I don’t know Joe else to increase it. I’ll try with just one plant first. It’s not rare in collections and although I like it a lot, if the experiment fails on me at least it’s a lesson. But don’t worry, they still have at least one more year to disappoint me before I try the tough love.
What’s the lowest outside temperature in fall in your location?

What’s the lowest outside temperature in fall in your location?
Hmm. Not sure what you mean? I don’t grow my slippers outside. But I don’t turn on my indoor heat until outdoor temps fall below 33.

Lowest indoor temps to which charlies have been subjected would be between 45 Fand 55 F, cool fall nights. They had some weeks of this coolness. They have it every year. Everybody gets to get cold in that front window.

Back