it's day 38 and i want to quit quitting!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go. I re entered the world as a non smoker several years ago, and know that it can be difficult. 13 years of Marlboro reds.

My personal take...stop counting the days. Seriously, tell yourself you are a non smoker. You're not quiting. You quit 42 days ago. You do not smoke. You are not going to smoke, because non smokers dont smoke. Sounds silly, but too much mental focus can be spent on negatives. Addiction is powerful, but so are the thoughts we fill our minds with.

My father believes in meditation, so he would say that when the thought of cigarette comes up in your mind. just watch that thought without any preconceive emotion or decision or judgement, of against it or pro it. Just watch your thought, it will evaporate just like that, because when you watching your thought, it has no energy to feed on to last more than a split second, you could not even find it.

:smitten::smitten::smitten:

on another note, while I LOVE getting boxes of plants, I could really do without newspaper stuffing laden with smoke. The stuff stinks.

Edited to say, good luck! You are not a smoker :)

Hello,

Ask non smokers about how they feel when they sit beside a smoker!!! Take into cosideration what the others have told you, too!!!! Do you think you are to be controled by a small white thing??? Well, think again!!!!!! :D
If you really want it, you can do it! With no drawbacks and temptations!Think clearly what you want and why and just do it..!!!!! YOU are more powerful, than what you think!!!!

Take care and good luck...
Thanasis

yeh, i don't constantly crave them. i used the nicotine lozenges and just sort of tapered myself off early. didn't try to, it just happened.

i don't really think i gained much weight. i maybe have put five or ten on but i don't have a scale and when i check at friends' houses, it seems only five or ten up...

Congratulations and, this will make you happy, your struggle has inspired me. Thanks to you I am now on day 8 as a nonsmoker. I know I have a long way to go but I am determined this time that I will succeed. Thanks.

Congratulations and, this will make you happy, your struggle has inspired me. Thanks to you I am now on day 8 as a nonsmoker. I know I have a long way to go but I am determined this time that I will succeed. Thanks.

sucker...
i mean, congrats!
good luck. it ain't easy but it's important.
how are you doing it? are you using the patch or the gum or the lozenge or a prescription?

Back