It has bloomed..!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
Finally, my phal in bud has opened... But it turned out not to be bellina, but violacea... No matter anyway, I still like it. I think the shape is pretty nice, and I especially like the spots all over the petals and sepals... :D Enjoy!:)
Phalaenopsis violacea
IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

Side view:
IMG_2088.jpg

It is a very, very nice flower with those spottings, yes and has a fine shape! Sorry, maybe a stupid question, but I understood that violacea = bellina??!! Where is the difference?? :) Jean

It is a very, very nice flower with those spottings, yes and has a fine shape! Sorry, maybe a stupid question, but I understood that violacea = bellina??!! Where is the difference?? :) Jean

Not any more the Bornean type is now known as Phal. bellina. A cross between the two is called Phal. Samera.

Ramon:)

Jean, bellina is also used to be known as violacea var. Borneo. The petals and sepals of bellina are creamy white and the lower half of the 2 lateral sepals have a strong purple blush... It also doesn't have tiny spots on the upper petals and sepals... :)

Just to add... Actually there has been a bit of confusion (on my part)...:eek: My dad sent me a pic of bellina in spike but a week later he sent me these pics of violacea in bloom. As both plants have not bloomed for me before, I assumed that the bellina 'turned out' to be violacea. Apparently, they are labelled correctly now... hehe.. :D So the good news is I currently have a bellina with 2 spikes! Yay! :D

Back