Is my Michael Koopowitz in sheath?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think i saw some pics of your grow room on another site? i think you had a couple big vandas...it is awesome.

Thanks! Did you build it or was it there when you bought the house? How do you water? Is there a drain on the floor?

It was an addition several years ago. It is very much a part of the house and not a greenhouse, so culture is basically windowsill—spray bottles, watering cans, and occasional trips to the sink. Humidity can get up around 70% but 55% is about the average.

justin said:
i think i saw some pics of your grow room on another site? i think you had a couple big vandas...it is awesome.

Yep, massive Pachara Delight. It weighs close to 50 pounds...I think I will be either donating it to a botanical garden or selling it, because it's just...too big. It's got Christmas lights on it this year as you can see in the photo ;)

Very nice grow area!! If you look at mine then look at yours you will see yours is better...... if only.......

d11a7fb3bebded51f9c501475435cbf2.jpg

57b83b6b0fefe044077b7d138f16b4d7.jpg

f267b4d26336dfbfc59a70e5a3b1c865.jpg

Veeery nice! It looks wonderful so far. :clap:

Now I would put a very short stake just below the first flower bract on the stem and let it arch over above that.

Latest posts

Back