Is anyone going to the NCOS Paph Forum in DC?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TutoPeru

Reaction score
Hi,
I have not posted anything in a long time...
Is anyone going to the Paph Forum on 2/13? It would be a good chance to meet with some other SlipperTalkers.
Cheers,
Augusto

hi Augusto,

I also haven't posted here in ages... !

Completely forgot about the paph forum, but I will be downstairs that day at a gesneriad society meeting. (Missed the last two meetings so I should show.) No doubt I will sneak into the sales area at some point....

I couldn't copy the document here so for those interested:
National Capital Orchid Society Paph Forum, Saturday, 2/13/10 at the U.S. Arboretum, 24th & R Street NW, Washington DC
8:00AM - 5:00 PM
Speakers: Frank Smith-Apopka, Florida-Slippers of Krull-Smith; Andy Phillips - Basingstoke, Hampshire, England-Phrags; Marc Hachadourian-Bronx, NY - Growing specimen Slippers; Bryan Ramsay-California, Maryland - Overview of recent Slipper awards.
Vendors: (Plants) Alfredo Manrique-Peru, Floradise Orchids-Va, Marriot Orchids-NC, Orchid enterprise-Va, Orchidview-SC, Pine Crest Orchids-VA, Ratcliffe Orchids-England, Orchid Zone orchids by Cove Corp, Woodstream Orchids-Md.
(Copper Sculptures) Andy Phillips; (Supplies) Quarter Acre Orchids-Va. (Orchid design gifts) Celebrate Orchids-Va; and NCOS Member plant sales

Pre-registration is required - $50 includes lunch and door prize ticket. Contact Lynn Evans-Gouldner, 5810 Huntington Road, Huntington, Md. 20639. limited to first 140 registrants. [email protected]

No, there were too many phrags there last year. It should by phrag free.

Well got some bad news. I was planning to preorder from Ratcliffe for Dec. 13 and got this response:

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your enquiry, but due to complications U S side, we are unable to attend the NCOS Paph. Forum.

Regards,

Claudia Whales,
RATCLIFFE ORCHIDS

Damn customs! :mad:

Also, if anyone is interested, Andy Phillips will be speaking at the Virginia Orchid Society the following day in Richmond with a different Phrag talk.

He will then SPEAK AGAIN on Monday evening at the NCOS February meeting!

Eric
Maybe he is coming and the issue is that they cannot send plants?
NCOS has not announced any changes to the agenda.
We'll see

Let's all hope for the best, because the weather needs to change for the better - and quickly - or there will be a lot more folks "unable to attend."
and the snow we're getting today is coming their way!:sob:

Latest posts

Back