Is anyone going to Redlands?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering who might be attending the Redlands show that is running May 17th threw the 19th? One time Donna and I were at Myrtle Beach S.C. and the show was the weekend in the middle of our vacation. Donna suggested that we drive the 12 hour drive down to the show, so we did. After all whom am I to say no to something like that. We got up early and drove down one day, I think it was on a Friday. Got into the hotel, ate supper and found our way to where the even was going to be held. At the time the event was only a two day event, or at least I think it was. Then the next morning we got up early and hit the show the minute it opened. We stayed there most of the day, went back to the hotel and ate and went to bed. The following morning (Sunday) we got up very early and headed back to our vacation spot in the Carolinas. Man, that car was loaded with stuff for me. I just couldn't help myself. Good thing we brought lots of cash as some of the foreign vendors only took cash.

I've heard so much good things about this show. Can anybody post pictures of previous shows?

I've heard so much good things about this show. Can anybody post pictures of previous shows?
I was there two years ago, but the only pictures I have are in my memory -- I was too busy buying plants to record the event on camera.
That sounds like my kind of vacation!

There are going to be so many wonderful vendors at the show, I WISH I could go, but alas, maybe next year.
Its a great show -- so many great vendors from all over the world! If anyone has a chance to go, please do. Be sure to bring a wide-brim hat, sunscreen and maybe insect repellent. I'd love to go again, but flying stretches my budget beyone the breaking point.

Send the cards. I'll find a spot to display them in the booth.:arrr:
Actually, I'll put them right next to the Paphs.

I'm counting down the days! Last year was my first trip down and it was a lot fun. Ill take plenty of pictures this year!

Redland is a GREAT show, but the heat, insects and crowds are almost
unbearable. The year I went there was only one bathroom for the whole
show and there was a line 30 deep waiting to use it. Heed the advice given...sunscreen, hat and insect repellent...lots of money too. Oh, take
plenty of water because all that shopping dehydrates you.

They also don't have the steel band anymore which is a great loss. Shopping to that wonderful band was stimulating...dance from booth to
booth!!!

Not gonna be there but I am having a friend who is a vendor there pick up my plants that I ordered from Peru Flora for me. Can't get off work, but still shopping... :evil: :drool:

I was there two years ago, but the only pictures I have are in my memory -- I was too busy buying plants to record the event on camera.

Dot,
did you have any problems with taking the plants home on the plane?

Brenda

Dot,
did you have any problems with taking the plants home on the plane?

Brenda
I went with 2 "veterans" who knew exactly what to do: Pack all you necessities in a carry-on, and send an extra suitcase though the bag-check. Wrap your purchases, preferably bare-root 'cause that takes up less space, in newspaper and stuff them all into your extra suitcase. The veterans had large suitcases, which they filled completely. Mine was a medium-size because I was concerned that my wallet wasn't fat enough to accommodate a big suitcase. I ended up stuffing a few plants into my carry-on...:D

So, no -- no problem with plants on the plane.

Ching Hua Booth
Red2013a.jpg

Krull Smith Booth
Red2013b.jpg

Some Phrags
Red2013d.jpg

Quick pic of Pine Ridge Orchids Greenhouse
Red2013h.jpg

I'm not sure, there was no label on any of them, and Terry wasn't there. But they were marked for $100 each.

Latest posts

Back