Incredible x charlesworthii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

Did someone say you can't go wrong with a charlie X? Incredible color, but incredibly ugly!
FredclarkearaAfterDark003.jpg
FredclarkearaAfterDark002.jpg

Hopefully not, this is the 1st time bloom, last month at club there was a really nice one & I recall Ross having a couple of these as well. It has a 2nd bud so won't be long to see a difference, I hope!

Ouch- not pretty at all! Bet other bloom and next flowering will be better!!

Well this morning I found my Charlie bud had blasted on me, so the way I look at it is yours is better then mine..... Jim.

Looks like this guy is having a "bad hair day".:poke: Please post a picture of the next bloom.

Rose and I probably bought this cross from the same source in Chicago. Most of the plants had fairly long leaf spans, so I looked for smaller more compact examples. (This was about three years ago, maybe more.) Here are pics of a couple.

PaphIncrediblexcharlesworthii-1.jpg

PaphIncrediblexcharlesworthiiint-1.jpg

Ouch! Does the other bud look any better as its forming?
It appears normal just as this one did!

Looks like this guy is having a "bad hair day".:poke: Please post a picture of the next bloom.

Rose and I probably bought this cross from the same source in Chicago. Most of the plants had fairly long leaf spans, so I looked for smaller more compact examples. (This was about three years ago, maybe more.) Here are pics of a couple.
I got it at Hausermann's this Sept. There was a couple with flowers open, 1 was OK & the other was fairly decent. Needing/wanting blooms for my display in Oct. I thought I'd go with a budded one, it would certainly be open by mid Oct.! :rolleyes: From what I recall, the one at club had the shape of Ross's 2nd one but less white in the dorsal, which would have been fine for me. We did have a warm Nov. so I'm hoping this had something to do with it.

Next time don't stick a firecracker in the developing growth.........

Back