The perfect paph

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fun question!!!
If you were God and could design any orchid to put of earth what would it look like and were would it grow? Leaf design, flower size, petal length/ ns, flower color?
Can't wait to hear and go crazy with the ideas!!!!

This is too crazy for even me to answer.
Sorry, but just my opinion. As I tip toe through the orchid world, I look at all of God’s miraculous creations! From Telipogons to Vandas, from Masdevallias to Phalaenopsis, from Oncidiums to Pleurothallis, there is so much beauty to behold.
Then we have watched as man has tried to make improvements. Some have been successful, others not so much. I really can’t imagine why we need to go down this road at all?
Again, I apologize in advance.

Currently, I'd want smallish round phal type leaves, but with some paph leaf patterning on them instead of plain green. And the more star shaped type phal flowers but with pouches, but instead of only having a handful bloom at once, have them bloom more like flower shop phals, with long spikes and a bunch of flowers. But every flower is a different color/pattern. Super fragrant of course. And maybe make it so that the growing habit it not just one growth only, but makes a nice clump of multiple plants. Apparently my perfect paph is more phal 😆

not a surprice, I would go for easy growing albino's of every species: white, green-white and/or yellow color forms. parishii would certainly on my list as well. but imagine a yellow roth, a yellow sander...

i’m currently fixated on all the different ways one could hybridize albino Paph species to produce a big, white multifloral hybrid, with a wide dorsal sepal. i’ve also started getting interested in big vinicolor multiflorals, too. a display with a black Paph opposite to a white Paph would be neat

I've seen a lot of potential winners, disthicheas the size of basketball, or a Phrag Don Wimber with 5+ blooming growth but my ultimate orchid would be a large, fragrant, white Phrag.

Latest posts

Back