A Fairrie in Germany

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I caved in and bought this dark fairrieanum, knowing full well I cannot carry it back with me from Dresden. It will reach me through legal channels eventually.

I love the stance and dark colors. The petals were most likely crushed inwards during transport.

What say the ST forum? Did I make a good choice or did I go blind lol.

2FBF5518-7E44-4D8A-AB2E-0EC0BAD84832.jpeg

I'd be much more worried whether the plant which eventually got to me was the same one I purchased. I'd have surreptitiously damaged the underside of one of the newer leaves in a way that would make it obvious if I was sent a fake.

So I caved in and bought this dark fairrieanum, knowing full well I cannot carry it back with me from Dresden. It will reach me through legal channels eventually.

I love the stance and dark colors. The petals were most likely crushed inwards during transport.

View attachment 46342
Gorgeous. All fairrieanum are just dynamite. Can’t recall seeing SUCH a dark maroon.

I'd be much more worried whether the plant which eventually got to me was the same one I purchased. I'd have surreptitiously damaged the underside of one of the newer leaves in a way that would make it obvious if I was sent a fake.
It’s my friends who are bringing the plants so I’m not worried at all.

But it’s a good point. Notch it like diamonds.

Last edited:

View attachment 46342
It was a beauty, I was very tempted myself! Great to meet you there briefly. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the show.

For this particular flower, I only like the darker color....
Just be honest with you, rooster😅

Hello all
This is my select fairrieanum that has just bloomed with 3 very large flowers and a very dark and red veined dorsal, I think it's a 4N type, sadly I have only photos taken with flash, in daylight the red color is more clear and beautyful

Attachments

• IMG_20240129_222114.jpg
    IMG_20240129_222114.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240129_222058.jpg
    IMG_20240129_222058.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240129_221332.jpg
    IMG_20240129_221332.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240206_173213.jpg
    IMG_20240206_173213.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240206_173221.jpg
    IMG_20240206_173221.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Such cute small plant with massive flowers! May be polyploid.

Curious… What’s the dorsal width in cm?

Would love to see in natural light all 3 flowers presented together.

Hello all
This is my select fairrieanum that has just bloomed with 3 very large flowers and a very dark and red veined dorsal, I think it's a 4N type, sadly I have only photos taken with flash, in daylight the red color is more clear and beautyful
Interesting stout leaves. Certainly points at some ploidy. From where did you source the plant?

Latest posts

Back