In passing

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received word that a wonderful friend and fellow native orchid hunter Richard Braue passed away this morning in hospice with his family by his side. Rick originally clued me into the vast numbers of native orchids growing in central/upstate ny, showed me some bogs and fens, and encouraged me to travel around and photograph them. As a result, I ended up meeting many very nice people and was able to share pictures and an educational display with thousands of people, and saw places and things I never otherwise would have.
As a member of the Central NY Orchid Society, Rick enjoyed many types of orchids, and later on decided to collect only fragrant orchids and grow them in his small basement greenhouse. Rick was the original first proponent in our club of semi-hydro orchid growing that he learned from First Rays Orchids and gave several talks about this method.

The calling hours will be Thursday in Newport, 4-7. The funeral will be the next day, way up in the town of Ohio past their home.

Thank you Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My deepest condolences to you and his family.

Paul McMahon
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back